Hardwood floors are sought after by many Surrey, BC homeowners because of their timelessness and exquisite beauty. But what happens when you coat it with paint?
Most homeowners simply opt for the tested, traditional way of upgrading their hardwood floors: by refinishing them. But others choose to be more creative and decide to paint their hardwood floors instead.
Painting your hardwood floors can be a good idea, and if you’re good with paint, you can even do the job yourself. But most people will probably want to hire professional painters in Surrey to do it for them.
But just like everything else, there are some pros and cons to painting your hardwood floors. So, before you grab your favorite paint and your paint brush, you might want to find out the advantages and disadvantages of having a paint-coated hardwood floor:
- If you want a fast, easy, and affordable way to upgrade the design of your floors, painting it can just be the answer.
- You can customize and create unique patterns and design by applying paint to your hardwood floors
- Painting your hardwood floors can conceal any flaws such as fading, cracks, and scratches.
- You can choose a different color or create a different design for every room in the house.
- With the right combination of colors, you can set the mood for each room and even create the illusion that the room is more spacious than it really is.
- Paint can deteriorate, fade, and peel over time.
- Not everyone is a fan of painted hardwood floors, so if you are planning to sell your property in the future, your painted floors can be a liability.
- If you decided to do the painting yourself and did a mistake, it can be hard and expensive to correct.
- In a few years, if you have a change of heart and wanted to switch back to the original hardwood look for your floors, the amount of work that needs to be done could be huge as paint can be really hard to remove.